Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Rest at Last!

After nearly three weeks of intense activity playing, rehearsing and teaching almost every day I finally have a chance to slow down and get some rest.  The Vancouver Jazz Festival gigs were great and the weather cooperated. Hearing Atomic play on the final day of the fest was a highlight for me.  Immediately following that I had a fantastic week running the South Delta Jazz Workshop followed by two days in the studio with Len Aruliah, Rob Kohler, Stan Taylor, and Ed Orgill.  Ed and Rob have headed back Stateside now and so I have my basement office back to do a little blog posting.  It is sad to see everyone go home, but also good to have a little more space in the house I must admit.  The Workshop this year was really successful and both of my kids participated for the first time as students.  Some cool family jams were had at the old homestead as well.  More pictures to follow as they come in from various sources.....

Some students at SDJF jam session at Petra's Cafe

0 comments:

Post a Comment