Sunday, January 8, 2012

Reunions

From  the stats I have recently looked at, it seems that there are actually a lot of people reading this blog and that makes me feel like I need to fill it up with things for people to read.  I'm glad that people are interested in what I'm doing.

January will be a month of musical reunions. First is a gig with Dave Robbins' Electric band featuring Hugh Fraser on January 18.  Hugh has been an important musical influence in my life and I haven't seen him in ages.  I'm really looking forward to playing with him and with the rest of the band. My dear friend and wonderful trumpeter, Bill Clark, will be coming home to Vancouver from New Mexico for a few months at the end of the month and we'll be doing a gig on February 8 with a trio with Stan Taylor on drums.  Lastly, Len Aruliah is coming over from England for a few months as well.  I'm looking forward to picking up where we left off in the summer with Len's Sextet and to just hanging out as well.  The new year is shaping up pretty well!

0 comments:

Post a Comment