Thursday, February 10, 2011

Len is Here


My good friend, Len Aruliah, has arrived from London.  As I explained in an earlier post, Len is a saxophone player that I have known for over 20 years and with whom I have played a lot of great music.  We'll be making a lot more music in the next few weeks.  Next Wednesday is a quartet gig at Presentation House with Len, Stan Taylor, and Clyde Reed.  Earlier that day Len will be a guest artist with a jazz choir at Capilano University.  I have arranged his "Full Circle Suite" for the student group and they are doing a great job with his music.  This group will also be performing on Friday at West Van Community Centre.  The following week we will try to do some recording with the aforementioned quartet. Usually Len is only here for a couple of weeks and his schedule is busy but this time he will be around for a few months so I'm looking forward to hanging out and creating some new things!

In other news, I had an amazing gig with Sound Image Net last night.  I talked about this band in an earlier post. The show went very well and Krista brought in a very fresh and interesting repertoire of new images.  Gregg Simpson, Carol Sawyer, and Clyde Reed are such excellent musicians.  They are always so responsive and empathic in their improvising.  It was a very satisfying gig in every respect and helped me clear out some musical cobwebs that have been gathering in my brain.

0 comments:

Post a Comment