Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thunder Lizard Recording on Soundcloud

I have been playing with an exciting new trio for the past few months. The band is called Thunder Lizard and features two of my favourite musicians and friends: Nick Peck (virtual B3 organ) and Joe Poole (drums).   The band shows influences from rock, jazz, and also from non-western musical sources. The focus is on grooves and stretching for new things in our improvising. It is also a chance for Nick and I to play our compositions and have Joe make them sound really great. I've been trying some more rock/blues oriented sounds in my guitar playing and that has been a lot of fun.  There is video coming soon and the band may record a studio album in December.

This recording is from a live gig a few weeks back.  Many thanks to my learned colleague, Lawrence Wu for his expert recording of the gig.
I really love playing with these guys and I'm excited to share the music with everyone.  Enjoy




3 comments:

  1. Wow Really cool feel and tempo. I like how these are just mixed together. This drummer is definitively advanced and has great tempo, This tempo is great. cheap car insurance las vegas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. buy spotify plays

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ve been searching for some decent stuff on the subject and haven't had any luck up until this point, You just got a new biggest fan!.. buy spotify plays

    ReplyDelete