Thursday, November 12, 2015

Thunder Lizard Recording on Soundcloud

I have been playing with an exciting new trio for the past few months. The band is called Thunder Lizard and features two of my favourite musicians and friends: Nick Peck (virtual B3 organ) and Joe Poole (drums).   The band shows influences from rock, jazz, and also from non-western musical sources. The focus is on grooves and stretching for new things in our improvising. It is also a chance for Nick and I to play our compositions and have Joe make them sound really great. I've been trying some more rock/blues oriented sounds in my guitar playing and that has been a lot of fun.  There is video coming soon and the band may record a studio album in December.

This recording is from a live gig a few weeks back.  Many thanks to my learned colleague, Lawrence Wu for his expert recording of the gig.
I really love playing with these guys and I'm excited to share the music with everyone.  Enjoy




0 comments:

Post a Comment