Monday, December 13, 2010

Recordings online!

There are some new recordings up at my website  http://www.jaredburrows.com/

First is a very recent recording from July of this year and a band I'm calling "Delta Quartet".  Several tracks from this session are up and ready for listening.  Second is a 2009 recording from the Jared Burrows Quartet.  The complete session is available online for FREE listening.

It seems that CD manufacturing is almost completely unnecessary except as a sort of fancy business or trading card for musicians.   For the moment, I think it is important to get the music to the people so I've decided to just let folks listen to complete tracks for free at my website any time they feel like it.  The sound quality of MP3s these days is quite good and just about everyone has a computer.  I hope you enjoy listening.

Just go to http://www.jaredburrows.com/ and click on music and select JB Quartet or Delta Quartet to hear some tunes.

In other news...

I'm finished with most live performing now until after Christmas.  Between teaching and playing, the last few months have been so intense that I just had to schedule a break for myself, though I won't be idle.  Christmas break is typically a time for me to re-focus on my guitar building. I'm just finishing off a lovely semi-hollow electric guitar for local guitarist, Keith Sinclair.  Three or four days more work should see it completed!  Then I have some more electric guitar commissions to design and think about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment