Thursday, June 23, 2011

Jazz Fest Is Upon Us

Tomorrow is the start of the 26th annual Vancouver International Jazz Fest.  I have been playing the festival every year since 1993 or so, missing one year at some point during my three-year stint in Oregon.  Coastal Jazz and Blues does an amazing job with the event.  I always hear a few things that surprise,interest, and inspire me and the artist pass has enabled me to see literally hundreds of shows over the years.  Many thanks to Ken Pickering, John Orsyk, Rainbow Roberts, Lorraine Hamilton and all the other good folks who make it happen.

My gigs during the Fest are as follows:

June 24, 12pm, Synergy (Brad Muirhead Trio) @ Canada Place
June 29, 9-midnight, Len Aruliah Quartet @ El Barrio (not an official Festival venue but cool nonetheless)
June 30, 12 pm, Delta Quartet @ Canada Place

Following the Vancouver Jazz Fest, my own South Delta Jazz Workshop happens, then some recording with Len Aruliah, a gig at Goldies with Len' sextet July 20, then some holiday time.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing Rob Kohler who gets in to town in a few days.

0 comments:

Post a Comment