Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 4

Day 4 was a great success.  I am too exhausted to blog much about it but the brief update is...

We had a wonderful noon hour concert featuring Bill Clark in which we played some standards and ended by paying musical tribute to Miles Davis'  "In a Silent Way".  When teaching was done, we had a brief rehearsal, scarfed some pizza and set up for a big evening concert with the faculty septet playing my arrangements.  The evening show came off very well with quite a large audience at All Saints Anglican Church.  The day went 13 hours from start to finish.  I am always amazed that the faculty are able to play at all by the time we get to Friday night. The students too were absolutely exhausted by the end of the teaching day and for them to come to an evening concert as well was a pretty big accomplishment.  I think going 'over the top' into a music overlaod state is a good thing for them to experience.  At the intermission, my daughter actually said she was amazed that I could keep going after such a big day and that she finally appreciated how busy and intense my life sometimes is - what a thing to hear from a 12-year old girl!

Final student concert/picnic extravaganza at Delta Hospital grounds from 12-3 today.  With luck the students will be too tired to be nervous, but energized enough to have a good time and play well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment