Monday, July 9, 2012

South Delta Jazz Workshop 2012 is done!



The 9th annual South Delta Jazz Workshop is over and it has been great.  It seems cliche to say it was the most successful event ever, but I really think it was.   We had absolutely no problems with students and only minor logistical hiccups with facilities and gear. The concerts all came off very well, both from musical and audience numbers perspectives.  I couldn't be happier.  The community of people that participates in the event as audience members, faculty, and students has really solidified into a cool extended family.  At this time of the year when people ask me about next year, I usually say "We'll see".  This year I feel quite happy to say that we will certainly be doing the 10th annual SDJW in 2013.  I'm already scheming for something special on the 10th anniversary.  Below are some pictures from our final concert at the Delta Hospital Grounds.  More pictures to come soon once Stephen Robb has a moment to upload them....

My heartfelt thanks are extended to all who participated in the event.  Together we made something beautiful happen!

Brad Muirhead (trombone), James Dekker (tenor sax), Bill Clark (trumpet) and Hazel Lam (tenor).  I think they were playing Dave Holland's tune "Hoimecoming".  We had some really advanced students this year.

My son, Isaac, on bass and his cousin, Eric, on piano obviously enjoying themselves on the gig.

Don Burkett (bass and camp chiropractor), Isabelle Burrows (flute) and len Aruliah (soprano sax) at Petra's Cafe jam session.

just a few of the players involved int he final F Blues blowout at petra's jam session - perfect weather as always!

noon hour concert at DCMS with Bill Clark (trumpet), Spencer hall (bass), and Mili Hong (drums).  I think I am behind Bill somewhere....Miles is watching over us!


0 comments:

Post a Comment